Getting started in Sandbox
The Sandbox environment is a complete replica of the Dwolla production environment, supporting all of the same API endpoints. Applications should be tested against the Sandbox environment before being used in production.
Differences from production environment
- The Sandbox contains only test data and is completely separate from your production account
- Actual money is not sent or received as part of test transactions. Real financial data should never be used in the Sandbox
- All API v2 endpoints have a base URL of
During Sandbox account creation, Dwolla will associate a funding source, add $1000 to the account balance, and create an Application. You are then redirected to our Sandbox Dashboard at
https://dashboard-uat.dwolla.com/ where you can view your API key and secret and generate OAuth tokens.
- Use a valid email address to create your Sandbox account
- To simplify development, learn about configuring and using our SDKs
You’re ready to start sending money in Sandbox! You can jump straight into the API docs or continue to the next guide below.
Financial institutions play an important role in the Dwolla network.
Dwolla, Inc. is an agent of Veridian Credit Union and Compass Bank and all funds associated with your account in the Dwolla network are held in pooled accounts at Veridian Credit Union and Compass Bank. These funds are not eligible for individual insurance, including FDIC insurance and may not be eligible for share insurance by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund. Dwolla, Inc. is the operator of a software platform that communicates user instructions for funds transfers to Veridian Credit Union and Compass Bank.